Tuesday, 4 August 2015

Rimmel Kate Moss Nude Lipstick - Shade 45


I love the Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks. I think they are really nice to wear, are really long lasting, and most importantly come in some really great colours that can become your amazing everyday shades.

When I saw that there was going to be a Nude collection being released I actually lost my mind a little bit. I thought I would actually find my perfect nude shade!


As beautiful as this lipstick is sadly its just not my perfect nude shade. The boots I went to had this awesome chart in the Rimmel stand where it told you what Kate Moss nude lipstick would go with you hair and or skin undertones. I eventually picked up shade 45. Which I think you will all agree looks beautiful just the right brown nude with a hint of pink that is just stunning. I fell in love with it based on how this looked. And there happened my downfall. When it came to actually trying it on the finish is not what I want or even what I like. It is kind of like a shimmer/frost it is so reflective so sometimes it pulls really pink, other times it can look really pale and wash me out. Honestly this is my own fault, I love a satin or a matte lip and I should have just swatched this in the store to see if I would like it.

I am in no way saying this is a bad lipstick it looks beautiful on people and is even better if you like that shimmery finish, but I just don't like it as much as I hoped I would and I feel really let down by it! Other then that the lipstick lasts really well, I find it can come off quickly if you eat or drink however it tends to fade all at the same time, but the great thing about a nude lipstick is you can reapply it so quickly without having to be perfect and it will still look good.

Have you tried the range of Rimmel Kate Moss Nude Lipsticks? What one is your favourite?