Sunday, 12 July 2015

The Balm - Mary-Lou Manizer

I have wanted this highlighter ever since I saw it cropping up on youtube. I've really been getting into the whole strobing movement and making your face look glowing and I figured why not give Mary-Lou Manizer a go, especially as everyone seems to love it!


The packaging on this is absolutely beautiful! I love the retro pin up feel to The Balm's packaging and this one is no different. I love that they also include a big mirror in the packaging. It just gives it that nice touch. As a little side note this closes really firm, there is no chance of the lid wiggling about a bit, so I really feel that the highlighter is being protected and holds in the packaging perfectly. 


This is so insane as a highlight it is amazing. It has a nice champagne undertone and from pictures I didn't think it would suit me 100%, because I have fairly pink undertones, but I haven't used anything else for days! It looks very glittery here but it is just an intense sheen on your skin. I can find it looks obvious so I like to apply a facial spritz or a setting spray when I use this, just as it isn't so in your face then. However that is just my personal preference as I love a more natural makeup look instead of the full coverage look. If you are looking for a highlighter to make you look like you glow like a goddess I highly suggest you pick this one up. It is worth every penny!