Saturday, 13 June 2015

Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in Petunia - Review

When I saw the advert for the new Revlon Ultra HD Lipsticks I had to go out and get one. The gel technology claimed to give you a true colour in one swipe. I was really interested to see how these would work.


Can we all just take a second to marvel at the beautiful packaging! I am 100% sold on these for the packaging alone. The Silver tube and the clear almost crystal effect lid....ugh its just beautiful. With the added bonus of being easy to see what the colours look like. Revlon have really outdone themselves on the packaging front. The shade I picked was Petunia (820) It is a bright pink colour. There is a 20 colour shade range in the Ultra HD lipsticks however I struggled to find a nice base nude colour, one I thought looked good was actually a bit orange, and then there was a great gold nude but not the right colour for me, and everything else tended to fall in between baby pink, and red. Nice colours don't get me wrong, but nothing I could see becoming a nice effortless everyday colour.

The swatch actually takes two coats to become true to colour, so Revlon actually fall short on their own claims there, which is a shame. The lipstick itself is really very soft without the presence of any wax in the formula which I found at first a bit difficult to use, it is a lot easier with a lip brush and you get a more precise line that way too. 

I would also suggest trying to find a lip liner that would match as I found that the lipstick migrated a bit. I think because of the formula it moved around a bit an collected in the corner of my mouth, which is not a good look! You will definitely need to keep a mirror handy and there is no way I would feel brave enough to eat with this on. However I cant get over how amazing it looks on. It is so comfortable to wear and look really beautiful! I'm actually torn on this because aesthetically this pleases me in every way possible, but just lets me down on the actual practicality of the lipstick!

Have you tried the Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick range? What do you think of them?