Friday, 5 June 2015

June Birchbox 2015 French Sole

I had no idea what to expect in this months Birchbox when I found they were collaborating with French Sole.
I knew you could pick from one of three box designs and you would get a matching shoe bag too. I went for the classic stripe because I thought it suited me better, there was a flower water colour option and I am fairly certain a sweet option too.

Inside is an impressive SIX items, seven if you include the shoe bag (birchbox count it as a lifestyle bonus)

1. Cynthia Rowley Lip Stain in Poppy - this was one of the smallest makeup samples this month but was really the one I wanted the most. This is a really fun red based coral colour and has little shimmery particles in it.

2. Balance Me Moisturising Body Wash - This costs £9 (I am assuming it is full size, 100ml seems like it would be full size) this has Shea Butter in it to really hydrate skin, at first I was no excited about this as I am sure it has been a free gift with a magazine lately but the more I read about it the more I think it could work for my dry skin.

3. Yes To Cucumbers Facial Wipes - For ten wipes these cost a HUGE £4.99!! They had better be worth it that is all I can say! I think I will use these to quickly refresh myself when I am at the gym, rather then to remove my makeup.

4. Penhaligon's Irish Orima Perfume - I am not a huge fan of getting sample perfumes (however the birchbox ones seem to be ok smelling I have enjoyed three out of the five or so I have had) this is a more musky smell so will probably be right up my street.

5. Hip Ultra Shine Shampoo - Honestly I am a bit bored with the shampoo samples from birchbox now, this one is sulphate and paraben free, and smells of peppermint and eucalyptus oil. However the formula is designed to make your hair look shiney and healthy and these kind of shampoos tend to make my hair greasy, so I think I will pass on this.

6. Stylondon Temporary Tattoos - Shockingly these cost £7.99 I know they are supposed to be really trendy right now but I doubt I will use these other for a giggle and a trip down memory lane!!

You definatly get your monies worth this month, I have seen some other boxes have cowshed products and ren products. So there is definatly a lot of variety to this month. Although I liked most of this box something just feels a bit lack luster with mine. There are definatly better boxes out there!

If you feel like signing up to Birchbox use my referal link and we both recieve £5 to spend in the birchbox store.
 https://www.birchbox.co.uk/invite/wwsb9

You can use the code JUNE100 at the checkout to get an extra £10 of birchbox points giving you £15 to spend straight away, or
WHICHBOX5 will get you £5 off your first box! Making the value even better.

As always Birchbox can end these codes and deals at any time. Codes are for new sign ups only.