Monday, 20 April 2015

Joining the Gym

So after a couple of years at my new job it finally dawned on me that all I do lately is sit at a desk occasionaly walk to the shop and eat junk food all day long!

I decided that I really should change it or at least work out to combat the bad effect of junk food! I have always maintained that you could eat pretty much what you wanted and maintain a good weight as long as you exercise properly.

I decided to join a gym thats local to me because a gym would give me a wide variety of different exercises that I can do to help keep me in shape and target certain areas of my body.


So I got myself some snazzy trainers and I try to go at least 4 days a week. I do a mixture of treadmill, cycling and rowing as my main work outs. Then I do targeted work on my arms and legs and always finish off with some work to my abs. I generally spend about an hour and a half minimum there doing various degrees of difficulty. Next month when I feel like my overall fitness has improved I can get a custom workout designed for me by an instructor. That will be loaded onto the smart card my gym uses and from there I log in and it tells me what machines to go on automatically sets the difficulty and changes it for me and even tells me what machine to go on next!

I already feel the benefits of working out I am no longer tired, I have more energy and the most amazing feeling is when I wake up, I genuinely wake up I no longer feel like 'oh I could go right back to sleep'

So I am really enjoying the gym and if you are always feeling tired and like you have no energy, I suggest you give it a try and see how you feel afterwards. It may just help re-invigorate you!