Monday, 9 March 2015

The Reading Habits Tag

I know I know, I have been away for a while with the flu and I have had zero energy for about a week, so struggling at work was bad enough without throwing in the stress of a blog! So I am playing catch up today and scheduling some posts so if the flu decides to rear its ugly head again I will be prepared!

I just saw this tag and decided I would love to do it, it has been a while since I did any kind of tag, especially one surrounding books!

(Monster Book of Monsters - Harry Potter - Photo Is My Own)

 
1. Do you have a certain place at home to read?
I like to read in bed where I can be all snug and cosy but I also love to wrap up with a few thin blankets and make a little snuggle place for myself on the sofa! It all depends on whether Pawl has claimed the TV or not!!

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
I use random bits of paper, mostly bus passes as I read so many books at the same time I just do not have bookmarks for them all (I could never be one of those people who fold the pages over)

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or number of pages?
I can stop reading whenever, something about books just stick in my head, I could even stop mid scentence and it wouldn't bother me too much. However I do like to go to the end of the chapter if I can. I am such a fast reader that it never takes me too long.

4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
I will have a bag of biscuits or chocolate by me and usually go through them pretty fast, I might drink a glass of milk occasionally, milk, cookies and books, its like a little slice of heaven!

5. Do you watch TV or listen to music while reading?
If I am downstairs Pawl will usually have the TV on so it turns into background noise, but I love reading in the quiet best, I really want to make a den of comfy things and read my books in there!

6. One book at a time or several at once?
Several! I love reading books and while I find it difficult in life to concentrate on more then one important thing at a time, with a book I can have a few on the go and not confuse or forget where I am in the story, at the moment I have about 7 on the go!

7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Everywhere!I have to be careful on long journeys as I can get travel sick but I will read anywhere, and has to be a book the kindle just doesnt do it for me!

8. Reading aloud or silently in your head?
Silently.

9. Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?
Nope, even in my favorite books that I have read multiple times (Im looking at you Twenties Girl and Harry Potter) I can never skip ahead!

10. Do you ever write in books?
Nooooooo why would you want to? I suppose I did in school books and I do have a wreck this journal but I find doing that book slightly crazy in my head.....I could never destroy a book, I love them too much!