Tuesday, 24 March 2015

Philip Kingsley Flaky/Itchy Scalp Shampoo

I love getting shampoo samples in my monthly birchbox as I have oily roots and dry ends. So for the last few months I have been able to sample high end shampoos and see if they make a difference. This month I have been using the Philip Kingsley Flaky and Itchy Scalp Shampoo. 


The sample size was not too impressive so I didn't get a lot of use out of this. However the three washes I got was enough for me to form an opinion on this. 

I really liked the smell of this shampoo it smelt fresh and clean and was not heavily perfumed, which is great if you suffer from itchy and sensitive skin like me. It lathered up well and I felt like my hair was getting a good clean. The first day f washing with the shampoo always felt great. My hair looked shiny, felt soft, and didn't feel weighed down at all. However all my issues with the shampoo occur on the second day hair stage. While my ends would feel nourished my roots would look oily, I can only assume that this shampoo is extra moisturising to help combat the itchy feeling on your scalp. I think it was far too much moisture for my thin and fine hair. 

I have to say I'm rather disappointed there is another Philip Kingsley shampoo my hair does not like, but as I have a whole multitude of things going on in my hair it's pretty difficult to find a good shampoo. My search will continue! However I do believe if you gave dry hair and scalp this shampoo may just be perfect for you. 

Have you tried thus shampoo? Or any Philip Kingsley products? What are your favourites?