Thursday, 8 January 2015

2014 Skincare and Haircare Favourites

I hope 2015 has started off brilliantly for you all! Today I am going to start showing my favourite products of 2014 but with a little more detail then I went into my favourites video on youtube (you can watch the whole video below)

I am going to start off with my Skincare and Hairecare Favourties


1. Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
2014 is the year I decided to give this whole cleansing water things a go. I didn't really want to buy Bioderma as I figured all these water cleanser things would really do the same job so I played it safe and ended up with the Garnier one. I can't really compare it to anything else but I will say that the Micellar Water takes off my makeup better then I ever Imagined it would! It doesn't take place of a proper good cleanser but this does a very good job of quickly removing makeup, and just generally getting rid of dirt and buildup. I like using this in the morning after my nightly cleanse and seeing all the nasty stuff that settles in my face during the night!

2. L'Oreal Skin Perfection Serum.
I have to say skincare is something I have never stuck to religiously and I think now I have hit 25 my skin is freaking out because of it! I got this serum on the recommendation of a few youtubers and it is designed for the twenty something skin. This has been designed to help, even skin tone, reduce pores, hydrate the skin and leave it silky smooth. Ive been using this long enough to know it is helping to reduce my redness and makes my skin feel amazing, not so much progress on my pores but I can live with that. This serum is really nice and if anything I would use it purely based on the fact my skin feels better after I use it.

3. Olay Instant Hydration Eye Cream
I use this eyecream like there is no tomorrow it sinks into the skin so well that I actually think I use too much at times! It instantly cools my eye area leaving it feeling refreshed, but it also adds much needed hydration to my dry eye area. Because I have dry skin there it tends to emphasise all my small wrinkles and while I do not think they will ever go this really does help minimise the look of them.

4. L'Oreal Mythic Oil
This hair oil is amazing. Hands down the best one I have ever used. I have not found many hair items that I love but this is one because it really does a good job of nourishing my dry hair ends. This oil is also slightly thinner then other hair oils I have used so it doesn't weigh my thin hair down and adds moisture where I need it. I feel other oils travel up the hair shaft and can make my roots too oily but this is good and just staying where I need it!

What have been your skincare and haircare favourites of 2014?

Here is my 2014 Favourites video, enjoy.