Tuesday, 30 December 2014

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Review

This is the second time I have had the chance to sample the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer both times my hair has been in drastically different conditions so I feel I can give a well rounded review on the actual product now. 


The Philip Kingsley Elasticizer is a pre treatment for your shampoo. I've only ever seen this 'in action' on QVC where they claim this should add life to the hair nourish it and help with the stretchy feeling of over processed hair. 

I used this as directed and kept the product away from my roots as I have fine hair and it can weigh it down. My hair on first use of this sample was overly bleached had a lot of stretch, was very dry and brittle. The second bottle of this my hair was in good condition slightly dry ends (I do have dry ends and greasy roots) but just needed a bit of extra bourisment to give a bit of shine to my hair. 

Whenever I have used this product I am sad to say I have been disappointed. With my bleached hair it added no extra moisture and did nothing for the stretchy feeling my hair had. I expected with regular use the hair to improve in texture but it just didn't. When my hair has been in better condition even while concentrating this on my hair ends I find it heavy in my hair and makes my roots a lotore oily a lot faster. Not really ideal. I do not know if this is just because I have fine hair and it is too rich for it but it really doesn't make a lot of difference, I would just rather put a bit of hair oil in my hair!  The fact that this adds an unnecessary step in shampooing my hair irritates me too! I like to shampoo add a bit of conditioner if needed and get out of the shower asap I do not really need the hassle of adding in another 5-10 minutes into the routine! 

Have you tried the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer? What are your thoughts on it?