Friday, 25 July 2014

MUA Luxe Lacquer - Kooky

I love a good matte lip lacquer and when I saw that MUA has released these velvet lacquers I got very excited. I picked up this purple shade kooky, and a pink shade funk (review here)


I love the packaging on these, they have this frosted plastic tube, a sleek matte black lid, with gold writing.  For a budget brand that sells these lip lacquers at £3 MUA have really made a good style choice with these. However for this particular shade thats where my compliments finish.


I don't enjoy writing a bad review, but I can't sit here and say that this particular shade is a good option. I also believe in sharing my views so that others may be more informed. So here is the brutal honest truth. This colour is so patchy and hard to work with. I was really excited to try a deeper purple lip colour that is in my favorite kind of finish. However I had to instantly take it off. It applies the same on my lips as it did in the swatch, it streaked almost pink and purple in places and took a lot of layers to look uniform. Then of course it felt far too heavy on my lips. It would have definitely cracked and flaked had I left it on.

So sorry MUA as much as I genuinely like your products this one just was not for me.

Lots of Love

Kerri

x