Wednesday, 18 June 2014

Eyeko Skinny Liner - Review

 I love felt liners and I am always stocking up on them and trying new ones! I think they are the easiest ways to achieve a winged liner and giving the appearance of a thicker lash line. So I usually have a few things I look for in a felt liner. A good price, long lasting, easy to use, a true black that takes one stroke, the ability to give thin and thick lines.

Today I am reviewing the Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner in Black, available here for £12.


 I love the packaging on this, its really thin, the colour stands out from all my other liners and it really is easy to hold! I think its the perfect size and I actually wish more liners came as thin as the packaging on this one!


The nib is long and tapers to a very fine point which at first works really well but I find the very end of the nib quickly became flexible meaning it became more difficult to work with. This is the second one of these I have had and both times this has happened. I find that it just makes it difficult to get good crisp lines.

The black is very intense unless the pen has been on its side, the more grey lines are after I have done my own eyes and then swatched on my hands, so I feel if you are not skilled at putting on liner the actual liquid on the nib will dry out and you will get a less intense look. However if you can work fast you will get a rich colour pay off. The other problem this creates is it needs to be stored upside down (lid down) otherwise you will not saturate the felt nib enough and you will get a grey, dry effect rather then the true intense black. However you can create a good array of line thicknesses that I like. However I do find this a bit tugging on the lids.

The wear time is impressive, it lasts without fading and it stays an intense black for a long time. I have watery eyes and usually my winged liner can rub off and fade during the day, but this stayed put! It is one of the redeeming factors of the eyeko liner, how good the formula is!

All in all I am still undecided about this I wish the actual felt nib was better and didn't tug, but there's so many other redeeming factors like the rich black colour!

What do you think of the Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner? What is your favorite liner?

Lots of Love

Kerri

x