Tuesday, 4 February 2014

Models Own - Amethyst

Models Own are a rather new brand to me. I only owned two, both are neon shades, up until there was a 50% off the entire Models Own website. I decided to try and get a good selection of their offerings, and the velvet goth collection stood out to me. Specifically this purple offering!

This is Amethyst and I love everything about it! Models Own say the velvet goth collection is a glitter matte nail polish that can be seen but not felt. Lets start off with the packaging. I love the bottles I think they look really cute. I like the Models Own packaging more then my essie nail polish. I used to think the big lid would make application difficult but actually it is really easy. I also really like the velvet lid. Its a nice touch. I am a tiny bit worried that it will attract dust and dirt. The nail polish itself is thick and packed with different glitter. You can get away with one coat like I used, because I was in a bit of a rush, or two coats for really beautiful colour pay off. The base purple colour is a matte purple shade with dark fine matte purple particles, larger purple glitter and a tiny amount of silver glitter. It makes for a really interesting nail look with very little effort. I love that the velvet goth polish really is matte yet glittery. I do have to point out you can feel this on your nails. Its not so much scratchey like some glitters can be but there is no way you can't feel this on your nails!

You can purchase the models own velvet goth collection here.

Lots Of Love Kerri x