Tuesday, 18 February 2014

40 Questions Beauty Tag

I saw this tag while searching for beauty related tags I could do. I really like the range of questions so if you have already done this tag or are planning on doing it. Please leave me a comment below so I can go and check it out!

1.How many times do you wash your face?
At least twice. Once in the morning and again at night. I might do it more especially if my eyes are playing me up.

2.What skin type do you have? (combination, dry, oily).
I have combination skin. My cheeks are usually dry and I get a bit oily on my nose and forehead.

3.What is your current facial wash?
I use Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean. I love the smell of it and it leaves my skin tingley clean!

4.Do you exfoliate?
I do sometimes. Not often as my skin can be sensitive, but I use superdrugs botanical microdermabrasion exfoliator.

5.What moisturiser do you use?
I try to keep it simple really. I do use Simple's facial moisturiser either the normal one or the anti aging one. It just depends what I grab!

6.Do you have freckles?
Yes just across my nose. They don't bother me at all. I know most people either love or hate their freckles! They are a very marmite topic!

7.Do you use eye cream?
Yepp I do. Right now again it is simple's eye cream. I did have clinique all about the eyes but I ran out a few days ago, and can't afford to replace it!

8.Do you or did you have acne prone skin?I am lucky that I seem to have my moms skin! Neither of us had acne we get the odd few spots. I just have red cheeks!

9.Did you ever have to use Pro-activ? No up until recently it was an American thing I only ever saw it on late night tv shopping adverts. But I think you can get it in superdrugs now.

MAKE-UP

10.What foundation do you use?
I don't wear foundation daily but right now my favorites are rimmel match perfection and Revlon colourstay.

11.How about concealer?
Yes I love benefit fake up and also healthy mix.

12.Do you know your undertone color?
I think it is pink toned whenever I use something that looks obviously yellow I look a bit grey and sick!

13.What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I think they look beautiful on other people but just not me! I have quite long lashes anyway so I an lucky!

14.Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
This is something I don't follow some mascaras get better over time! If I am getting close to a year I throw it out!

15.What brand of mascara do you use?
I use Revlon or Maybelline.

16.Sephora or MAC?
I have only shopped at a mac store once and honestly I was not overly impressed! I have never been to sephora either as we don't have them where I live.

17.Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
Nope!

18.What makeup tools do you use in make up application?
My fingers for foundation and concealer and lots of brushes for everything else!

20.Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
No but I do want to try Avons eye primer.

21.For the face?
No they just don't make a difference for me.

22.What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)? I love foxy from urban decay!

23.Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?I like to use pencil on my waterline and a nice felt liner for everything else!

24. How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?Never and if you do maybe you should step away from the pencil liner!

25.What do you think of pigment eyeshadows? I used to have loads but they were messy. Now I don't have as many but I do keep a few shimmer ones for adding extra oomph on a night out!

26.Do you use mineral makeup? I do have a mineral foundation but I do not really use it.

27.What is your favorite lipstick?
It changes all the time from pinks to purple to red to natural. I never think you can in wrong with a red lip and my favorite has to be lime crime velvetine in red velvet.

28.How about lipgloss?
I don't usually use gloss I have a couple but I can't say I am a big fan!

29. What is your favorite blush to use? Right now it is seventeen plum something or another! I an pretty sure it is their only plum shade!

30.Do you buy your makeup on ebay?No there are too many fakes! I remember buying mac brushes for not much less then you got in store and what I got was some cheap knock offs! Never again!

31.Do you like drugstore makeup? Yes most of my collection is high street/drugstore. Most of it is filtered down from the more expensive brands and it is all just br good in my opinion. Although I do have a weakness for benefit cosmetics!

32.Do you go to CCO’s? (cosmetic company outlets)I don't think we have any of those where I live but I will get some more expensive stuff from QVC if they are selling it, you can get some pretty good deals Ames even offer interest free payment options at time!

33. Did you ever consider taking make-up classes? At a time yes. I wanted to go back to college and learn makeup and hairdressing because it was what I was interested in at the time. But now I have found my makeup style I don't really want to anymore!

33.Are you clumsy in putting on makeup? Not clumsy but for some reason when doing my eyes I can never get the second side I do to look the same. Does anyone else have that problem?

34.Name a makeup crime that you hate!
There's so many. Lets start with the wrong foundation colour I spotted an assistant trying to sell the completely wrong colour to a girl in superdrug the other day. Its terrible. Or unblended blush. It is not war stripes blend that shit it! And caked on makeup, need I say more.

35. Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones? I like neutral eyes right now and bright lips. I do experiment and my favorite lip colour right now is orange!

35.Which celebrity always has great make up?
I like the classic beauty and any pin up kind of makeup. I like to follow and try a lot of things. I think Mila Kunis always looks great though!

36.If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item,what would you use?
Mascara if I only put one makeup item on it is mascara!

37. Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
Yes I do quite a lot really. I go to work without it and I don't really feel like I need it. I just use it when I feel like feeling a bit girly!

38. Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
I am not going to say I am the best looking girl in the world but as I am happy in my own skin I don't need makeup to make of feel better about myself!

39. In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
I love benefit and Revlon I think they both offer great products that everyone needs. I know people may be shocked I have not picked mac but I feel that is more for professionals not your everyday girl like me!

40.What do you think of Makeup?
I love it for how it makes me feel when I wear it. I don't need it for confidence but theres no feeling quite like a nicely applied face of makeup. Especially if you rock a bright lip. Makeup is an expression of who you are.

Lots of Love

Kerri

x