Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Looking Back on 2013

I found these questions on tumblr and I figured I may as well do it on my blog too! I love looking back on the year but sometimes I can never get my thoughts in order so pre-set questions are a BIG help to me! 

1: What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
I learnt to knit and crotchet! Which was pretty fun, I wanted my mom to teach me for years and she just didnt have to time or the stuff, so I went out got it myself and taught myself through youtube! 

2: Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I dont think I did. I have not really made any I just want to read more and exercise more. 

3: Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not really close to me, but Pawl's friend did this year.

4: Did anyone close to you die?
Yes my nan died of cancer, it was difficult because I thought she would get to see Christmas but she didnt. It was really hard seeing a card from her this year and knowing she wrote them all early because she knew she was going to die. 

5: What countries did you visit?
NoneI stopped in good old sunny England. Infact I have never even been abroad! 

6: What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013
A bit more money! Two earners on minimum wage is not really enough, most months we scrape by unless I get a lot of over time and managing shifts. 

7: What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The day my nan died and the 25th August

8: What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I don't know if I really achieved a lot this year, I just carried on with my life like always! Me and Pawl did move in together so I suppose that is pretty big! 

9: What was your biggest failure?
I dont think I had any failures, I had an experience that I never want to reat but I wouldnt class it as a failure.

10: Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just the usual icky bugs! 

11: What was the best thing you bought?
A footstool for my sofa. Easily the best thing ever....I know I got old the moment I became excited over that!

12: Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Pawls, he has been amazing to me these last few months he dealth with me and picked me back up after the not so nice month of august, it easily could have ruined our relationship be he was so amazing and patient with me, he also really helped pick me up after my nan died and continues to help as time goes on, I do not know where I would be without him! 

13: Whose behaviour made you appalled?
Equally Pawls at times, I have really resented him and hated him! Other then that Pawls ex can make it hard to see his son but we just work with it mostly.

14: Where did most of your money go?
Rent, bills, food, bills, bills and more bills! 

15: What did you get really, really, really excited about?
So many little things this year it was all about our first Christmas together! 

16: What song will always remind you of 2013?
Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines, like it or not it was an anthem everywhere this year. 

17: Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
Erm over all happier, little bit fatter and defo poorer now I have things I need to pay for and I dont live at home! 

18: What do you wish you’d done more of?
Taken risks.

19: What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stressed and worry about what people think

20: How did you spend Christmas?
With lots of family members!

21: Did you fall in love in 2013?
I fell deeper in love ^_^

22: What was your favourite TV program?
I started to watch. Breaking Bad on netflix I have a few episodes left, but OMG how awesome is that show!

23: Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No.

24: What was the best book you read?
I brought this book in 2013 but I am still reading it, its death at seaworld, After watching shows like the cove and blackfish I can never go to any kind of sea aquarium ever. I also read the hunger games, which were really great. I loved Karin Slaughter books once more and started my Richard Montinari books from the begining again! 

25: What was your greatest musical discovery?
Im not a bit music fan but discovering that me and Pawl will have cheesy sing-a-longs in the car was a big enough musical discovery for ,e! 

26: What did you want and get?
A house. I got a house too, rented mind you, but one day I can dream to own my own house! 

27: What did you want and not get?
A better paid job! It started off as a great wage but when minimum wage went up, our pay rate was below inflation so instead of being on 20p more then mimimum wage I know earn 1p more then someone on minimum wage, considering what I do the risk in my job, the amount of money I handle, the fact I am expected to work by myself soon and the 6 months training you do, it isnt really worth it!! 

28: What was your favourite film of this year?
Tangled. It took me forever to watch it but it was worth the wait! Wreck it Ralph was rather good too! 

29: What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having my own place to relax, a whole house to do what I want, not just a tiny box room! 

30: How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
What ever makes you comfy! 

31: What kept you sane?
Pawl and huge amounts of chocolate! I comfort eat like crazy when I am down and upset, I use food to comfort me, I will have something to eat all the time if I am unhappy, I just constantly snack and have bigger then average meals.

32: Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Kate Beckinsale, always has been always will be! 

33: What political issue stirred you the most?
There are so many. I would love to see something happen with the living wage the government were talking about. Saying people need to earn £7odd to live comfortably, if people need that to live. I dont see why the minimum wage is not just set to that! 

34: Who did you miss?
My nan

35: Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
Never bottle up your emotions and to share your feelings. 

36: Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"We can learn to love again" 

Send me links to your answers if you decide to do this! 

Lots of Love 

kerri

X x