Monday, 30 September 2013

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer - Review

The Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer is raved about by so many bloggers and when I brought the concealer I had no intention of reviewing it at all, because I figured what I was getting was a bargain miracle product! Every blogger and their best friend seems to love this concealer. I can see why as it is high coverage and is pretty amazing in price (less then £5). But I do have a few issues with it and quite frankly it doesn't work for me as well as I was expecting.

I have this concealer in the shade 1 - Fair, firstly I think this is even too light for me and I could probably do with just a tad darker but the next shade available is too dark! And I really do not like needing to buy two products to mix together. I suppose the benefit of the light shade is it works as a good highlighter around my eyes.

We all know about this by now, the Lasting Perfection Concealer claims to last 16 hours. Is a high coverage concealer and is pretty much all you need to cover dark circles and spots. I'm a bit dubious about this 16 hour claim as well, I never wear makeup for that long but I do notice this moves on me a bit and comes off my skin quite easily. I don't even have especially oily skin. I notice movement after around 4 hours or so.
 The applicator means I can place this directly where I want it in my under eye area but also easily put some on the back of my hand and then use a brush to cover spots. Below you can see the swatch, my skin has a more pink undertone to it, where as concealer has a huge amount of yellow to it. I have seen people that this works perfectly for but I think the thick formula stops it blending with my skin tone and makes it very noticeable on me. Not something I would usually mind.
However it is my biggest problem, because this concealer is so thick it just sinks in my creases. I have creases and wrinkles around my eyes as for ages I have had trouble with my eyes and its left me with wrinkles at 24, I don't mind them one bit as my new found wrinkles are part of me, but do I want my makeup to stick in them and exaggerate them? Hell No!! This is where the problem is, every few hours I need to check and them reblend and then check that it hasn't moved back into the creases. It is just a bit of a nightmare for me! However I will give credit where it is due and this is a great concealer for spots. if the skin is not too dry it will cover them no problem. But unfortunately I just can not see myself buying this concealer again. I would rather spend more money and have one that works for me! Sorry blogger world as much as you seem to love Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer it just doesn't love me!

Have you tried this concealer? What did you think of it? What are your other favourite concealers?

Lots of Love