Saturday, 27 July 2013

Liz Earle Eyebright - Review

Hands up who has an allergy that effects the eyes? Hay fever? Dust? Pets? I have hay fever and I'm allergic to my moms cats (bummer) but I don't let it stop me from spending time in the sun or with the cats! I take my allergy tablets but I always still suffer with red itchy and puffy eyes, this is where my saviour Liz Earle Eyebright comes in!

I purchased a small bottle of this around the winter of last year when I was having huge problems with my eyes, related to dust from my old job. This really soothed the dry cracked skin, cooled my eyes down and helped a huge amount! It didn't fix the problem a lot of creams and a change of job solved my problems but this is amazing for helping with red and puffy eyes.

I have a couple of ways I use Eyebright and I'm going to share both ways with you now!

Casual Use -

I use this way when my eyes are hot after a long day of looking at computers or a little bit tired, heavy or dry feeling. Place a cotton pad over the top and tip the bottle upside down, move the pad so there is a few drops of this on the pad, gently wipe over clean closed eyes for 2 minutes using soft sweeping motions from the inner corner to the outer corner, then swipe around the eye socket and getting the whole area of skin around the eye.  I use a clean pad and repeat the process for the other eye. This is just a quick refreshing way to use this, Ive often done this after cleansing and noticing some mascara or something that hasn't quite come off. But it's amazing how soothing this feels!

Deep Use or OMG WHATS HAPPENED TO MY EYES! -

This is the way I use it when I'm like 'what the hell it looks like Ive been in a fight!' again make sure your eye area is clean for this method! I have one of those little gel eye masks that I put in the fridge and the coolness from that really helps with this method but its not really necessary if you don't have one, it's just something that helps me. Or you could pop this in the fridge and use it cool. I completely soak two pads with the Eyebright. Lean back close my eyes and put the pads over my eyes. I then place the mask over the top. This helps to keep the area cool and helps de-puff my eyes but more importantly helps keep the cotton pads in place. If you don't have the mask just lean your head back and relax! I leave the pads on for 10-15 minutes soaked in the Liz Earle Eyebright. This give the ingredients time to work their magic. I'm not saying it's a miracle cure for badly damaged eyes but I always noticed it was easier to move my eyes they felt less strained and the redness was reduced and they were less puffy. 

Be warned if the skin around your eyes are cracked this may sting a little bit, but I found the feeling afterwards of relaxed eyes much better and it outweighed any initial stinging feeling. This little bottle is a miracle for me either way I use it. After the lotion has soaked in I apply a good eye cream. I use clinique all about the eyes rich at the moment because it has worked wonders for me. But everyone will have their own eye cream you love to use. 

This little 50ml bottle costs £5.50 on the Liz Earle Website and the larger 150ml costs £10.75. I will be purchasing the larger bottle when I run out of this as I really can't be without this!