Thursday, 25 July 2013

Get To Know Me - Beauty Blogger Tag

Getting back into blogging is a little difficult for me! I just lost all mojo after my week off!! So I'm here with a little get to know me tag I found on Beauty Broadcast. It seemed like fun!  So onto the tag :)

1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
My hair is so flat and sad :( it's so fine and perfectly straight. I need something to give it a bit of life and bounce. I really want to try those sleep rollers to see if they will give it a bit of shape and life! 

2. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I dye my hair myself. I have not actually been to a hair dressers in about a year (its so bad I know) but my mom used to be a hairdresser so she trims and cuts my hair. I also get great advice on what to do with my hair if anything does go wrong.
3. Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?
I pretty much have the same style it stays down or its tied up. I really need to experiment a bit more. I do like it when I put in a few loose curls, but sometimes its just too much of a hassle to do all the time!
4. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
Ive never ever had my nails done by a professional I always toy with the idea when I see someone with a fantastic set of falsies all nicely painted. If I'm honest I always just paint them one colour and then let them chip away and pick another colour!
5. How often do you change your nail polish?
I pretty much do it every week, sometimes more. I'm so gutted because I just did a floral design that Ive had to take off after two days because I'm going in for an operation (I will probably be there when your reading this! wish me luck I'm kind of very nervous)
6. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?
I hardly ever Polish my toe nails, and when I do I always forget Ive done it and it stays on there until it comes off by itself! I know that's so bad of me, but my toes are very rarely out in the open so they never get any attention!! 

7. How long does it take for you to put on makeup?
I can do a really quick 5 minute (ish) face for work. But usually I take anywhere from 15-30 minutes if I'm going the full bang!
8. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
I do my face first unless I'm doing a really smokey eye look with dark colours. I just feel more comfortable that way. I put on my foundation and concealer then decide how i want my eyes done, do the eyes and then finish my blush bronzer and lipstick off last!

9. Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
Hahahahaha buy when I need? If only I knew what that was like! I'm such a little makeup hoarder and spender! I will go for everything and anything! I just brought a whole load of barry m polishes just because I could! Oh man. I need to stop.....

10. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
I don't wear false eyelashes, I don't really need it, I have luckily been blessed with long eyelashes so a good mascara is usually good enough for me! If Ive gone really heavy on the eyes then I might need a pair to balance it out, but I really suck at applying them. Whats the best way? Any tips please?

11. Do you do a full face of makeup everyday?
Nope most of the time I have no makeup on, mostly because I'm too lazy and love to sleep more lately because I'm so tired. But If I wake up early I will try to have a face of makeup. However I never ever leave the house without mascara.
12. Do you wear makeup when you're home alone or with family?
I'm never by myself that much, so I suppose I would say with family. 

13. Will you leave the house without makeup?
 Yeah all the time. I even go to work somedays with out it on too. I think it tends to be a bit of a beauty blogger no no, because not many people do this or feel comfortable. But I do it all the time! 

14. How many high-end products do you have?
Ive never actually counted. I have a few benefit products and one clinique eye cream. But other then that, not alot really. I think I probably have a few more then that but I just cant think, I honestly do more budget and high street. I really only splurge on benefit!!

15. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you're getting dressed?
I just pick what I wear on the day, I don't really plan anything, but then if I like it I usually put it in an OOTD post. 

16. How often do you change your handbag?
It depends. My last bag has been changed to a little canvas thing because it happens to be what I threw everything into. That's how I decide on my bags. Whatever has the most amount of stuff I need that day is the bag I will use!!

17. What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
I wake up around 9ish and go to sleep around 11pm. So I get plenty of sleep. I love to sleep in as well if I have a day off work!!

18. How often or when do you workout?
I don't really work out. I walk to work and back every day and sometimes play of the kinect or wii but that's about it really. I'm so unhealthy :(

19. Left handed or right handed?
Right. Even with two lefties for parents!!! 

20. How tall are you?
erm about 5 foot 4 or something like that!! 

21. Do you speak any foreign languages?
 Not really I took french as a gcse and got a c in it, cant believe that still but I probably couldn't make much of a sentence any more. 

22. How many pets do you have?
At my parents we have a dog, two cats and a bearded dragon. But in my own place with pawl we have two lovely little chinchillas Jekyll and Hyde ^_^

23. How often are you on Blogger?
I'm on everyday catching up with people even if I'm not writing my own blogs. I'm planning on writing my own blogs 2/3 times a week and just scheduling them all for daily posting. 

24. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
 Oh yes! I love when anyone comments on my blog, and other peoples its great feedback and when I'm reading a review I can see what others think about it. It gives me a good idea of whether that review is genuine or just one being written for PR purposes. 

25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
 I have a mental list that I always forget until I see the product again, then its always a case of  'so and so reviewed this and said it was really good maybe I should get it' then I usually do buy it! 

26. How did you come up with your blog name?
I didn't really put as much thought into it as I probably should have done, and I would love to have a completely different name but I still like little pretty things. The name just stems for my love of all things little pretty and that are things! Can be anything like cute animals makeup items dinky little vintage necklaces. Its just basically a summary of things I love! 

27. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
I have a digital kodak camera just one of those £50 ones you can get from argos and stuff. It does its job well and sometimes if I'm honest I use my phone which is a samsung galaxy ace 2.

28. How often do you clean your house?
It gets a deep cleanse every week and we hoover and do the dishes everyday but the really heavy duty like dusting everything and completely gutting the place from top to bottom about once a week. 

29. What's your favourite colour?
 Blue always blue, and maybe even splashes of grey! Is grey a boring colour choice? But then you get those really brilliant blue/greys and ooooh egg duck blue. I love Blues..... 

30. Do you swear?
Sometimes, not a lot. I might swear when I'm having a really bad day but that's about it. I say shit a lot lately :(

31. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Well right now I'm going to bed, but as your reading this like I said earlier I'm probably having my operation. So at around 4pm Pawl will call and see when he can pick me up and bring me back home. Then I will probably be sat on the sofa feeling sorry for myself! 

I hope you enjoyed this and learnt a little bit more about me! If you decide to do this one, please please please link me to it in the comments and I promise to come read it :)