Thursday, 11 April 2013

Revlon ColourStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick - Review

I love bright pink and red lip colours. I always wear them on my days off. When I saw these new Revlon ColourStay Ultimate Suede Lipsticks I knew I just had to try them. Rather then going for one of the reds I was instantly hooked by this gorgeous pink colour called 'muse'.

I love that the colour of the packaging matches the colour of the lipstick perfectly. It makes it so much easier to pick out in the hundreds of other lip products I seem to own!! Im a huge fan of this kind of packaging where it reflects the colour inside.
 I must admit this lipstick is nothing like I was expecting!! In the tube this lipstick looks like it has huge amounts of shimmer something I didnt notice in the shop because of all the lights. I was a bit disheartened by this but upon application its very clear that the shimmer hardly shows up and is there purely to give a 'sheen' to the lips.
 When this is first applied it feels so soft and unlike any lip product I own. It's almost like it glides onto the lips and just skims over everything. It is not so pigmented at first but I think this is a good thing because you can build up the colour the way you like it, I love an intense pink so I applied a few coats of this. After a few minutes the texture of this changes from feeling like a glossy regular lipstick to the feeling of a matte long wearing lipstick (serious lipstick junkies will know what I mean!!)
The wear time of this isnt the best, when I saw the words 'ColourStay' I thought it would be just that, a colour that stays but these tend to fade after a few hours. Im not quite sure how I feel about that but you get more wear out of the lipstick the more you have applied.

My overall opinions of the ColourStay Ultimate Suede lipsticks are that they are amazing to apply and so soft of the lips, I wish that initial feeling lasted all day. I also like the colour range there is everything from reds, pinks and nudes. I also wish they lasted a little bit longer. But overall I love the colour pay off and that I can build up the coverage to suit me, and the time of day, a light coverage for work, a bit more for when I finish and then a really intense coating for a night out!! I also think that the colours are really nice and bold which is ultimately the number one thing I look for in a lipstick.

Have you tried these? What is your favorite lip colour?

Lots of Love
x x