Wednesday, 24 April 2013

Benefit It's Potent Eye Cream - Review

So a few week back I got this little sample of Benefit's It's Potent Eye Cream when I purchased Fine One One and Fake Up.
I have to say for the most part I was thinking 'Im never going to use this eye cream I love my Clinique one too much' Im always a bit wary of samples too, I never feel you get enough to really judge if a product is worth it. Now long time readers of my blog will know, I have troublesome eyes. They hate everything and react badly when they really dont like something. Thats why I turned to the Clinique All About The Eyes Rich, I needed something to moisturise, bring back life, and fight the wrinkles that were appearing at the grand old age of 23. All the stress and reactions on my eyes caused tiny wrinkles to appear, and it just look terrible for ages. The clinique eye cream really helped solve the problem. But now I have a new problem.



I think I need this in my life too. I still use clinique but only at night and I pack a load on. I think that Benefit It's Potent may become my day time eye cream! This keeps my eyes hydrated which is what I really need now, is so soft and soothing on application. It really feels silky smooth, I dont really get that with Clinique, dont get me wrong I love it, but it really does feel like a strong hard working cream. Whereas this is light, and just feels like its topping up and working a little bit extra in the morning.

It does brighten around my eye area, keeps the skin hydrated but more importantly it sits so well underneath my makeup. Sometimes I can tell I have a heavy duty moisturiser on because its obvious underneath makeup, my concealer moves a bit over the top of it, but not with this. It sinks in so well because its so light, but I really feel like I have something working there. Because of how fast it sinks in, I have no fear of applying makeup over the top and I know I wont have to take out brushes to re-blend later on in the day. I used to just deal with the fact my makeup would crease and need re-blending but not any more!

I still have a fair amount of this eye cream left in my sample. I would say its lasted me around 5 days of morning use, which is pretty good going!

I cant wait to get my hands on a full sized version of this! It retails for £24.50 but personally after spending more for the Clinique one, I wont hesitate to spend that much on It's Potent!

Lots of Love

x x