Tuesday, 13 March 2012

Review - NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil

I got these two little beauties from amazon (I know a bit risky just like buying from ebay is, but these are genuine products and were all sealed when delivered to me) delivery took three days for one of them and another took five, which seemed strange as I ordered them at the same time!
Each one cost me about £5 and I didnt have to pay delivery so thats a bonus.




I got the colours bronze and black bean. Here are some swatches.



Sorry to say these photos are taken with a flash, the weather didnt allow me to get good shots in natural light, these are not glittery at all (they do have a slight metalic sheen especially bronze). These are highly pigmented pencils and go on so nicely.
The texture is so creamy and they are very easy to work with. They blend well and I love bronze as a base for brown or copper eyeshadows. You can apply these using the pencil itself. You can also use a brush to pick up product and place it where you like for more intricate lines for example winged liner or on the waterline. I like that I can use these for more then just being an eyeliner. I also like the sleek white packaging! The only problem is for some reason product always ends up in the lid and makes them look messy :( especially on the black!

Pro's
Great Price
Creamy Texture
Nice Packaging
Highly Pigmented

Con's
Can Get Messy
You need to find a BIG sharpener to sharpen it.

I love this product and I cant wait to order some more!